Sorry we didn't get to letting all of you in on our wonderful Colorado time. We got to Louisville about 6:00 p.m. and went had some dinner. Our visit with Pete and Gayle was short. They too had done some renovations to their house which was gorgeous!
We got up this morning and took off to Mt. Rushmore by way of Wyoming. What a flat land with lots of green grass. One could picture the bison and wild horses living there many decades ago! One can see by the picture how flat it is, and yet how picturesque some of the old farms look.
About 2:30 we got to Crazy Horse -- and what a great memorial it is during its construction.
While we were there it began to rain and hail. We couldn't see all of the exhibits which are from so many tribes -- which is sooooooo worthwhile. We rushed over to Mt. Rushmore in the rain and hail, and were equally impressed. Got my National Park Passport and stamp -- thank you Bonnie! There is so much to do in this small area that we were not able to do. If I had known earlier we would have brought the kids up here after the Arizona Native American tour we did -- I'm sure they would have loved Flintstone Land and the Reptile park along with all of these monuments. I even got to see some bison! We got to Rapid City about 5:00 and are now planning a change in our tour so that we can go see the Devil's Tower before heading to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's.
Welcome to our Bandon Road trip!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love reading about and following your trail of discovery and back to the earth trip. Mother Nature's beauty is good for the soul. You two are having such fun-enjoy every moment-keep the blog going-more pictures please!! I will keep reading-you know I have nothing to do now!!
Love you,
Peggy
OK - it is Sunday and your last post was on Thursday. Did you drive off a cliff? Maybe caught in the cross hairs of a buffalo stampede? Maybe caught up in the moment while seeing Indian ruins and so inspired that you are currently building a mud house post inspiration? What gives??? I want to see what you two are up to. Love ya, Barb
Post a Comment